Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Impossible Germany




It's really not impossible, that's just the name of a Wilco song. It was a very brief trip and the donor went over and above what most donors are asked to do. I can't go into details because who knows who reads this blog and might possibly figure out who's stem cells went to whom so I will leave it at that. I will say I wasn't sure of my flight until the very last minute, like when I was on the plane.
Don't you hate it when you go to Europe and all the sights are covered in scaffolding? This magnificent castle is half way surrounded. The good news is I've already seen it.
This cat sculpture guards the gate to the old city of Heidelberg. HE's holding a mirror but since I don't read German I don't know why.
Frankfurt has many wonderful museums. One I didn't go in, but Bob couldn't resist getting his picture taken with this character, is the Museum of Characaturas.

No comments: